Deschutes County accepts the following death certificates for recording.
Oregon Death Certificates
- Oregon Short Form Death Certificate (without cause of death information). An unaltered certified copy of an Oregon SHORT FORM death certificate may be accepted for recording in Deschutes County. In order to record, you will need to attach the unaltered certified copy to either a coversheet or a blank page.
- Oregon Long Form Death Certificate (with cause of death information). If the death occurred on or after January 1, 2014, we cannot accept Oregon Long Form death certificates showing cause of death. Please contact Oregon Vital Records (after 6 months of passing) or your local health department (within 6 months of passing) to order a short form death certificate. If the death occurred prior to January 1, 2014, please affix it to a blank page, complete the After Recording Return To information.
Do not alter the death certificate in any way including redacting Social Security Number.
Out of Oregon Death Certificates
If your death certificate is two-side, please use the coversheet. If the death certificate is one-side please affix it to a blank page, complete the After Recording Return To information. Do not alter the death certificate in any way including redacting Social Security Number.
Our recording fees are $53.00 for the first page and $5.00 for each additional page per side. Here are a few examples of fees:
- A one page death certificate attached to the blank page is $53.00,
- A one page two-sided death certificate attached to a coversheet is $63.00,
- A one page one-sided death certificate attached to a coversheet is $58.00.
Please make your check is payable to Deschutes County Clerk and mail it to PO Box 6005, Bend, Oregon 97708-6005.