As a Human Resources Department we are a strategic partner in building a highly skilled, professional and motivated team of employees who strive to provide effective and efficient services to meet our customer needs.
Our department’s mission is to develop, manage, and support initiatives to attract, retain, and develop a quality workforce to meet the vision and objectives of Deschutes County.
The department is devoted to over one thousand employees, retirees, and volunteers by providing human resources and benefit services. The services provided by the department include:
- Compensation Administration
- Employee Benefit Administration
- Employee Services and Administration
- Human Resource Technology Solutions
- Job Classification
- Labor Contract Administration and Labor Relations
- Organizational Development and Training
- Policy Development and Administration
Deschutes County is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, Minorities, and the disabled are encouraged to apply. Deschutes County does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, political affiliation, physical or mental disability, or any other basis prohibited by State of Oregon, federal or local law.