The hours for accepting applications is 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m

All forms are available on the U.S. Department of State website.

How Do I Apply for a Passport?
  1. Application.  Download & complete the completed passport application (form DS-11) - available on the U.S. Department of State website. Do not sign the application.
  2. Photos.  Bring one (1) current passport photographs (2"x2") for use with your passport application.  Background must be white or off-white.  We do not take photographs in this office.
  3. Driver's License.  Bring a valid driver's license (children under 18 can use parent's ID). If the name on your driver's license is different from the name on the application (DS-11), you must submit an original or certified copy of the marriage document, divorce decree or court decree that states the name written on the application.
  4. Copy of Driver's License.  Bring a photocopy of your valid driver's license (front & back).
  5. Birth Certificate.  Bring a certified original birth certificate. A hospital record will NOT be accepted. The certified original birth certificate will be submitted together with your passport application.
  6. Who Needs to Appear?  Children 16 years of age or older must appear in person and sign the application. Children under the age of 16 must appear in person but do not sign the application. Both parents or child’s legal guardian must appear and sign for them. Please contact us if you have questions or visit the U.S. Department of State website.
  7. Fees.  The passport fee must be a check or money order payable to U.S. Department of State. An Execution Fee of $25.00 is payable to Deschutes County Clerk and may be a cash, check, money order, or debit card (debit card processing fee additional $1). More information about Passport Fees can be found on the U.S. Department of State website.   

Passport Renewals

You must renew by mail if all of the following are true.

Your most recent U.S. Passport:

  • Is undamaged and can be submitted with your application;
  • Was issued when you were age 16 or older;
  • Was issued within the last 15 years; and
  • Was issued in your current name or you can legally document your name change with original or certified copy of your marriage certificate or the government-issued document evidencing your legal name change.

Deschutes County Clerk's Office does not review or process passport renewal applications.

Click here for more information.