Effective January 1, 2008, same-sex partners may enter into a domestic partnership contract.

  • Each individual must be at least 18 years of age and capable to enter into a domestic partnership at the time the individual signs the form.
  • At least one of the individuals must be a resident of Oregon.
  • Each individual must provide a mailing address.
  • Each individual shall consent to the jurisdiction of the circuit courts of Oregon for all actions and proceedings related to the partners' rights and obligations.
  • Each individual must sign the Declaration of Domestic Partnership declaring that representations on the form are true, correct and contain no material omissions of fact to the best knowledge and belief of the individual.
  • Each individual must sign in the presence of a notary public. (Note: the Deschutes County Clerk's Office does not have a notary public.)
  • For House Bill 2007 and other information, visit the Oregon Vital Records website.
Registration Process
  1. Visit the Oregon Vital Records website to download the Declaration of Domestic Partnership form. The Declaration must be printed on legal size paper (8 1/2" x 14").
  2. Mail or deliver to Deschutes County Clerk, 1300 NW Wall Street, Suite 202, Bend, Oregon 97703 together with a check or money order in the amount of $55. (In person, you may pay with check cash or debit card). Add $1 for debit cards.
  3. Upon receipt of a completed Declaration, the Deschutes County Clerk will return a copy of the Declaration form and a Certificate of Domestic Partnership.
Request a Certified Copy
  1. A certified copy may be requested in person at the time of registration for $4.
  2. A request for a certified copy may be submitted in writing by downloading Request Form for Certified Copy of Declaration of Domestic Partnership at the bottom of this page. Complete the form and submit it with the appropriate fees to Deschutes County Clerk, 1300 NW Wall, Suite 202, Bend, Oregon 97703.
Is a Ceremony required?

No. It is left to the individuals entering into the domestic partnership contract to decide whether to seek a ceremony. For available officiants please consult the yellow pages in your telephone book.