Weekdays 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Delivery Address: Deschutes County Clerk, 1300 NW Wall Street, Suite 202, Bend, Oregon 97703
- Mailing Address: Deschutes County Clerk, P.O. Box 6005, Bend, Oregon 97708
Deschutes County Clerk's Office does not provide legal forms. Deschutes Public Library is one online resource available to you.
The County Clerk's Office preserves and makes available to the public including credit reporting agencies all records affecting the title to real property. The Clerk's Office does not distribute information to credit reporting agencies. If an error appears on your credit report our office may be able to assist you in finding the source information. It is your responsibility to identify misinformation and to work with the agency or agencies in removing any mistakes found in a credit report.
In accordance with state laws, the County Clerk's Office shall preserve all records affecting the title to real property. All documents are permanent records and must be legible for the integrity of the public record.
A legal description is not a tax lot number or street address. Acceptable legal descriptions are:
- A subdivision name with lot and block
- A metes and bounds description (section, township & range)
- Partition plat recording and parcel number
- Reference to a Book and Page of any previously recorded Deschutes County public record where the description may be found