The first page shall contain the following information (ORS 205.234). If not on the first page, an additional fee of $20 will be charged (ORS 205.327). A cover page when properly prepared that reflects your transaction may be used to when presenting the document for recording (ORS 205.234(2)) in order to avoid the non-conforming fee.
- Name(s) of the transaction(s) clearly labeled. A document describing two or more transactions between the same parties and involving the same properties, recordable as separate documents, may be recorded when the document is labeled with the names of the transaction described therein (ORS 205.236). A fee of $5 shall be charged for recording each additional transaction.
- Names of the parties. Names of all parties must be listed on the first page. (ORS 205.234).
- Name and address of assignee. For instruments assigning a mortgage or trust deed the name and address of assignee must be listed on the first page. (ORS 205.234).
- Return To. The name and address of the person to whom the document will be returned (ORS 205.180).
- Tax Statements. The name and address where tax statements would be sent (ORS 93.260). Required on documents conveying or contracting to convey fee title.
- Consideration. The true and actual consideration paid (ORS 93.030). Required on documents conveying or contracting to convey fee title.
- County Clerk Lien Records. Lien amount is shown on the first page (ORS 205.125(1) (c) and (e)).
Other Requirements (ORS 205.232)
- The weight of the paper must be not less than 20 pound opaque paper.
- The paper must not be larger than 14" long and 8 1/2" wide.
- The printed or written text must be 8-point type or larger.
County Recording Label Preferences
- Please leave a blank space 4 ¼” wide by 1 ¾” high for placement of our recording label on the first page of your document.
- Our preference for this blank space is the upper or lower right corner of the first page of a document.
- If a blank space is not available, our recording label will be placed on a certificate page and added to your document. An additional $5.00 will be assessed for adding a certificate page.
- A recording label will not be placed in the body of the document (excluding the title of the transaction).
- A recording label may cover certificate language (or information reserved for Recorder’s Use) included in your document.