Effective June 1, 2013 appointments are required for transactions related to manufactured structures. Please contact the Assessor's Office to make an appointment.
Manufactured Structure Transactions
Ownership transfers are processed at the County Assessor’s Office, through a title company or a dealer. The Oregon Department of Motor Vehicles is no longer involved in this process. Effective May 1, 2005, responsibility for maintaining ownership and site information for manufactured structures transferred from the Oregon Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) to the State of Oregon’s Building Codes Division (BCD). Homeowners and other interested parties should no longer contact the DMV if they buy, move, or otherwise change the status of a manufactured structure. Instead, most transactions will now take place at the County Assessor's Office, which will be acting on behalf of the BCD.
Manufactured structures are also known as manufactured dwellings, manufactured homes, mobile homes, or park model homes. These structures are typically a minimum of 8-1/2 feet wide and can be moved to a new location.
Deschutes County will update tax records only after the transfer with the Building Codes Division is completed. Until the transfer is complete, Deschutes County will continue to show the selling party as being the owner, and therefore responsible for all property taxes. Simply signing off on a title or sales agreement does not transfer ownership
Requirements for every transaction:
- All taxes must be paid in full. From July 1 until the tax roll is extended, pre-collection of taxes is also required (unless otherwise noted).
- All fees and taxes must be paid. All fees are NON-REFUNDABLE. Payment by cash or check only will be accepted for all fees other than tax payments. Contact the Deschutes County Tax Office to find out what payment methods other than cash or check will be accepted (541) 388-6540.
- All transactions require the completion of a Supplemental Information form, BCD #440-1066.
Fee for research by Assessor's Office staff costs $65.00 per hour, half hour minimum, payable in advance.
What would you like to do with a manufactured home?
- Sell a Manufactured Home
- Move a Manufactured Home
- Exempt from Title or Remove Exemption of a Manufactured Home
- Demolish on Site or Take Manufactured Home to Landfill
- I want a printable document that explains all of the possible Manufactured Home Transactions
- I want to learn more about Manufactured Homes from the State of Oregon Building Codes Division and Access Forms