For Immediate Help
- For emergencies call 9-1-1 or go to your local emergency room.
- Deschutes County Health Services 24-Hour Crisis Hotline (or to make an appointment), call (541) 322-7500.
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline, call 1-800-273-TALK (8255) or visit www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org. Available 24/7.
- For Veterans, press #1
- Aduda en español llame 1-888-628-9454.
- Hearing and speech impaired, call 1-800-799-4TTY (4889)
The Deschutes County Suicide Prevention Advisory Council seeks to reduce suicide attempts and deaths across the lifespan. The Council meets monthly and is currently working to provide consistent and credible suicide prevention/intervention training for both the public and professionals. For more information, please contact Jessica Jacks at (541) 330-4632 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
National Suicide Prevention Awareness Week September 8 - 14
MANY, MANY activities are happening during this week and throughout the Fall. Click on the flyer listed under the resources below for all of the details. Join us in one, two or all of the events to learn more about how to prevent suicide and suicide attempt. As a community, WE CAN work TOGETHER to get people the help that is needed.
ASIST, October 30 and 31, Registration Now Open
A two-day Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST) is planned for October 30 and 31, 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.. Registration is required by October 17 at eventbrite.com. For more information contact David.Visiko@deschutes.org and see the flyer in the Supporting documents at the bottom of this page.
ASIST is designed to help caregivers recognize risk and to learn how to intervene to prevent the immediate risk of suicide. The workshop is for all caregivers or persons in a position of trust. This includes professionals, paraprofessionals and lay people. It is suitable for mental health professionals, nurses, physicians, pharmacists, teachers, counselors, youth workers, police and correctional staff, school support staff, clergy and community volunteers. For more information please visit the LivingWorks website.
NEW: Two Suicide Bereavement Support Groups in our area:
- 2nd Monday of the Month, 7-8:30 p.m. Located at Partners In Care, 2075 NE Wyatt Ct., Bend. Trained facilitators are Alison Sorenson and Jean Stark. For more information contact Alison Sorenson, (541) 325-3339 or email@example.com.
- 4th Thursday of the Month, 7-9p.m. Located at Day Spring Four Square Church, 7801 NW 7th, Terrebonne. The trained facilitator is Herb Baker. For more information contact Herb Baker, (503) 708-3047 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To receive general announcements about suicide prevention, please contact Jessica Jacks, (541) 330-4632 or email@example.com and provide your name, phone number and e-mail address.
Browse the links and Supporting documents at the bottom of this page. Listed are several resources to help someone who is suicidal, learn more about the risks and protective factors for suicide, and find out how to get training on suicide prevention from professionals.