Enhancing the lives of citizens by delivering quality services in a cost-effective manner.

Text Size:

Passport Services

About Passport Services

The hours for accepting applications is 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m
All forms & documents are available on the U.S. Department of State website (http://travel.state.gov). 

How Do I Apply for a Passport?

  1. Application.  Download & complete the completed passport application (form DS-11) - available on the U.S. Department of State website. Do not sign the application.
  2. Photos.  Bring one (1) current passport photographs (2"x2") for use with your passport application.  Background must be white or off-white.  We do not take photographs in this office.
  3. Driver's License.  Bring a valid driver's license (children under 18 can use parent's ID). If the name on your driver's license is different from the name on the application (DS-11), you must submit an original or certified copy of the marriage document, divorce decree or court decree that states the name written on the application.
  4. Copy of Driver's License.  Bring a photocopy of your valid driver's license (front & back).
  5. Birth Certificate.  Bring a certified copy of your birth certificate. A hospital record will NOT be accepted. The birth certificate will be submitted together with your passport application. Please refer to the Vital Statistics page for more information about ordering birth certificates.
  6. Copy of Birth Certificate.  Bring a photocopy of your birth certificate (front & back).
  7. Who Needs to Appear?  Children 16 years of age or older must appear in person and sign the application. Children under the age of 16 must appear in person but do not sign the application. Both parents or child’s legal guardian must appear and sign for them. Please contact us if you have questions or visit the U.S. Department of State website.
  8. Fees.  The passport fee must be a check or money order payable to U.S. Department of State. An Execution Fee of $25.00 is payable to Deschutes County Clerk and may be a cash, check, money order, or debit card (debit card processing fee additional $1). More information about Passport Fees can be found on the U.S. Department of State website.  Please refer to the link in the right column. 

Acquiring a Visa

A passport must be obtained before acquiring a visa. Your travel agent will be able to help you with this process. You may also visit the U.S. Department of State website to learn more about foreign entry requirements.

Share using email  Share using Twitter Share using Facebook

Clerk's Office


Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.

Services that stop at 4:00 p.m. daily:
Issuing Marriage Licenses
Processing Passport Applications
Recording Real Property Documents


Deschutes Services Building
1300 NW Wall Street, 2nd Floor
Bend, OR 97701

Mailing Address:

P.O. Box 6005
Bend, OR 97708-6005




(541) 388-6549 (Directory)
(541) 388-6546 (Elections)


(541) 383-4424

News & Events

Other Pages

Download Adobe Reader Documents on this site are available in PDF format.